What is the Chamber of Commerce?
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit, voluntary organization of members working together to promote positive and productive relations among the businesses in the city, and between those businesses and the community itself. The organization works to advance the commercial, financial, industrial and civic interest of the community.
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce serves as…
- A prime meeting place for decisions in the business community.
- Promotes community development.
- Participates in civic endeavors and public relations for the City.
- Encourages businesses to locate in the city and attracts customers to the trade and retail areas.
- A watchful eye working to see to it that the economy remains strong and that the quality of life is maintained.
- An action coalition designed to meet the needs of both businesses and the community.
- A resource center.
Activities and Benefits
- Monthly meetings with informative speakers and networking opportunities
- “Taste of Brooklyn and All That Jazz” annual Scholarship and Education fundraiser
- Annual Joint Golf Outing
- Picnic in the Park annual community event
- Annual State of the City Address with the Mayor
- Annual State of the Schools with the Superintendent
- Newsletters with information and advertising
- Scholarship Award Program
- Teacher Grant Award Program
- Networking Breakfasts and Evening Social Events.
- Membership in NOACC (Northern Ohio Area Chambers of Commerce), a partnership with 110 chambers. By joining The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce your business automatically becomes a member of NOACC. The NOACC mission is to harness regional collaboration and bring to each NOACC member chamber resources they could not otherwise acquire on their own. Benefits include:
- Group Health Insurance Discounts
- Workers Compensation Group Rates
- Credit Card Processing
- Retirement Plan Administration
- Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- DHL Preferred Pricing